CSI creator Anthony Zuiker releases “Dark Prophecy” Digi-Novel for iPad. Use your senses as you read. (Video)
February 15, 2011
By: Brian View
CSI creator Anthony Zuiker has released the second part of his book series Level 26 titled “Dark Prophecy”. This perfect blend of a classic novel mixed with intense interactive images and cutscenes gives a truly immersive experience for the price of a traditional eBook.
Dark Prophecy takes a deeper dive into its main character Steve Dark as he searches into category 26 and into the next embodiment of evil: the Tarot Card killer. If you are not familiar with the categories, here’s an explanation:
“It is well known among law enforcement personnel that murderers can be categorized as belonging to one of twenty-five levels of evil, from the naïve opportunists starting out at Level 1 to the organized, premeditated torture-murderers who inhabit Level 25. What almost no one knows is that a new category of killer has emerged. And only one man is capable of stopping them.”
The book itself includes 400 pages of the traditional novel style but also includes an hour long film to go along with it starring Dan Buran, Justine Bateman and Michael Ironside. The film is broken down into 11 sections to go along with what you are reading.
Check out the amazing trailer and more details below:
Dark Prophecy preview | Apple Headlines – Mac, iOS, Apple News
Do you want the traditional book reading experience? Simple. The app lets you choose 3 modes to read the book in:
– Traditional – Like any e-book this version is text only
– Digi-Novel – Contains both text and cyber-bridges integrated into the reading experience
– Ultimate Digi-Novel – An immersive experience; this version includes text and cyber-bridges while enabling readers to be the detective, collect character bios and evidence as they collaborate with Steve Dark to catch the Tarot Card Killer.
What really sells the book is the interactive element. Being able to manipulate pictures, have custom page cutscenes and great artwork throughout really gives the book a value that isn’t remotely challenged by traditional books. Some of the interactive elements include:
* 10 interactive Tarot Cards
* 24 character bios
* 20 page effects
* 11 pieces of evidence and character analysis on each
* 176 different sounds and sound effects contained within app
* 3 behind-the-scenes videos and a photo gallery showcasing the making of the film
The app is $12.99 and is available exclusively on iTunes here. For more info on the series go check out www.level26.com and join the other 100,000+ fans on their online community.
Are you still not sure? Check out this trailer.